Special School District in St. Louis County is seeking School Psych Interns for the 2019-20 School Year
- Under the supervision of an experienced and certified school psychologist, performs all job responsibilities of a school psychologist as assigned.
- Participates in school-based Data and Problem Solving Leadership Teams.
- Facilitates use of appropriate data in meeting individual student needs, including benchmarking and progress monitoring.
- Participates as team member in the multidisciplinary evaluation process.
- Acts as consultant to component district staff, building level teams, and parents regarding academic/behavioral interventions for at-risk students, using data-driven decision-making.
- Completes informal assessments to include observations, curriculum-based measurements, functional behavior assessments and other structured clinical tasks for at-risk students in the general education setting.
- Administers formal assessment as part of a psycho-educational evaluation to determine student’s cognitive, academic, social/emotional/behavioral, and adaptive behavior functioning as appropriate.
- Ensures that eligibility decisions are made in compliance with DESE criteria and best professional practice.
- Participates in IEP conferences, Section 504, and grade level/team meetings as requested, to provide input on appropriate goals and objectives for individual students and to help make determinations about reevaluation needs.
10.Completes Induction Academy training in the first year of employment.
Other duties as assigned
Current enrollment in a School Psychologist graduate degree program and graduate program approval to pursue internship position.
Closing date for applications: February 15, 2018
Please apply at the link below:
Contact Human Resources at 314-989-8211 for further information or questions.